cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Remote Control

wildwoodphoto
Enthusiast
Looking for a solution to wirelessly shoot off camera (EOS 5D MkIV) and to control aperture, ISO, shutter etc. and to view results on iPad. Have read about Camranger and Canon Connect, but reviews on both solutions are mixed.
4 REPLIES 4

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

Camera Connect will allow you to do this and the Easy Connection guide in the wireless instruction manual makes connecting pretty easy. The app will allow adjustment of aperture, ISO and shutter speed in Manual exposure mode as well as touch AF. Manual available below.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/eos-dslr-and-mirrorless-ca...

Do you know if there is an option to view the histogram?

wildwoodphoto
Enthusiast
Yet it is notoriously unreliable, frequently dropping connection. I need a professional solution, that will function every time.

@wildwoodphoto wrote:
Yet it is notoriously unreliable, frequently dropping connection. I need a professional solution, that will function every time.

Don't categorically blame the camera.  The next time it happens, check to see to which wireless access point the iPad is connected.  The problem is that the iPad will switch wireless networks, if the camera goes idle a some period of time.  Smart phones will do the same thing.

Does your iPad have phone service, or is it Wi-Fi onl?  Mine is Wi-Fi only, and I have no issues with the IPad switching networks to the phone service wireless data network.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements