cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I set a new custom white balance would it change my custom shooting mode setting?

AnTroy
Apprentice

My custom shooting mode C1 setting is using a custom white balance for a studio lighting. Just wonder if I set a new custom white balance,  would the new white balance setting replace my C1 custom white balance setting (disable auto update)?

My camera is 5DSR.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnTroy
Apprentice

It seems the question is unclear. 

Finally I got an answer from B&H. The answer is No, the new white balance setting won't change the custom shooting mode (C1, C2, C3). 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AnTroy
Apprentice

Finally I got an answer from B&H. The answer is No, the new white balance setting won't change the custom shooting mode (C1, C2, C3). 

@AnTroy wrote:

Correct. Page 144 of the manual. 

If upadte is set to Disable the C1 etc won't be updated permanently, but any change you make will remain in place until the camera is powered off, manually or automatically via time out.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

@AnTroy wrote:

Correct. Page 144 of the manual. 

If upadte is set to Disable the C1 etc won't be updated permanently, but any change you make will remain in place until the camera is powered off, manually or automatically via time out.

Usualy the changes reset just as soon as the metering timer expires.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements