cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the best settings for action and cheer pics with my Rebel EOS T5? Lens 18-250

BlessedinTX
Apprentice

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If you are not familiar with using the creative modes in the camera, then I would suggest turning the dial to Sports mode.  Read the manual, because sports mode works a little differently, because it uses AI Servo focusing.

There is no one setting that works best for "action" pictures.  What setting is best is highly dependent upon the subject's motion, ambient lighting, and your shooting location relative to the subjects.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

If you are not familiar with using the creative modes in the camera, then I would suggest turning the dial to Sports mode.  Read the manual, because sports mode works a little differently, because it uses AI Servo focusing.

There is no one setting that works best for "action" pictures.  What setting is best is highly dependent upon the subject's motion, ambient lighting, and your shooting location relative to the subjects.

I agree Sports scene mode is a great place to start.

See what settings it uses and then learn why it chose those settings and why you might want to tweak them for your personal situation. 

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"... best settings for action and cheer pics ..."

Without knowing more any advice is worthless. Smiley Frustrated

What are the conditions and what sport?  Day or night time? Where are you shooting from?   Most new people should avoid AI-Servo and use One Shot with only the center focus point selected.  Until it is understood how AI-Servo works at least.  If you use it without knowing it thoroughly, I guarantee you will miss shots.

What lens?  Is it this one, Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM ?  If, yes, this is a pretty nice lens and should do a good job given it has enough light to work with.  F6.3 might present a challenge at a poorly lite nighttime football game for instance or a poorly lighted basketball game indoors.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements