cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to upgrade camera and skills. 70D vs 6ts. 70d is 2 yrs old. any suggestions?

MarshaTB
Apprentice

I am planning on buying a new Canon camera. Have an older Rebel. Trying to decide betweem 70d and 6ts/760D. Will be doing landscapes, wildlife, macros not much video. would like great print quality. 70D sounds great but wondering if with it being 2 yrs old should I go with all 6ts with all the bells and whistles. Want to grow my skills as well. Any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

A friend has the T6s; it is an extremely capable camera.

I would suggest you go to the Canon site and use the compare option and see which features each has decide which is important and which isn't to you.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"A friend has the T6s; it is an extremely capable camera."

Yes it is and I am sure you will be able to grow with it.  Personally I would prefer it over the 70D.  IMHO, I see little to no use for the xxD Canon line.

Of course the 7D Mk II is a camera that you may never need to upgrade from.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

Chris Winter did a very nice YouTube comparison between the two cameras.

I would suggest that you watch it.

If you have any EF-s lenses, you wil lose use of them. But the trade-off is better.  You can capture images in full frame that would look significantly less good  if taken on crop sensor.

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

"If you have any EF-s lenses, you wil lose use of them. But the trade-off is better.  You can capture images in full frame that would look significantly less good  if taken on crop sensor."

What? Smiley Frustrated

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ScottyP wrote:

If you have any EF-s lenses, you wil lose use of them. But the trade-off is better.  You can capture images in full frame that would look significantly less good  if taken on crop sensor.

I didn't think a FF camera was even part of the discussion.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements