cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to connect rebelT7 to my iPad

Kayla21
Apprentice

Hello. My iPhone is connected to my rebelT7 through the Canon Camera Connect app. 

Id like to connect my iPad as well. It’s asking for a password and idk what it is. It’s not showing it on my camera anymore. Didn’t remember it bc I didn’t know I’d need it again. 

Help

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

It should be the "Encryption Key".   On my 5D IV, that key can be found by doing the following.  There should be similar menus on your T7.

• Start in the "Communication Settings" menu on your camera.
  • Choose "Built-in wireless settings"
  • Choose "Wi-Fi Function"
  • Choose "Connect to smartphone" option
  • Choose "Review/change settings"
  • Choose "Change set."
  • Choose "Easy connection" from the Connection method screen
  • On the "Waiting to connect" screen, you should see your network name along with the "Encryption Key".  On your iPad, you should then be able to select your network name in WiFi settings and the encryption key will be the password.

I believe this password is auto-generated by the camera, so it's definitely easy to forget.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

@rs-eos wrote: Choice ADVANTAGE Login

It should be the "Encryption Key".   On my 5D IV, that key can be found by doing the following.  There should be similar menus on your T7.

• Start in the "Communication Settings" menu on your camera.
  • Choose "Built-in wireless settings"
  • Choose "Wi-Fi Function"
  • Choose "Connect to smartphone" option
  • Choose "Review/change settings"
  • Choose "Change set."
  • Choose "Easy connection" from the Connection method screen
  • On the "Waiting to connect" screen, you should see your network name along with the "Encryption Key".  On your iPad, you should then be able to select your network name in WiFi settings and the encryption key will be the password.

I believe this password is auto-generated by the camera, so it's definitely easy to forget.

Thank you for the reply, My query has been solved.

Thank you so much! 

So it did show the encryption key but when i entered it, it said it was wrong. 

What I’m trying to do is download my pictures to my iPad (more storage) using the CameraConnect App.

It works fine on my iPhone but when i try on the iPad it says its not connected. I thought maybe entering the password straight onto my iPad  would work but sadly did not.

Thanks again for help!

Announcements