cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshoot and use Rokinon 12mm w/ Canon eos M50 MII

thtgrldiana
Apprentice

I just opened my 12MM Rokinon and I was able to shoot only two short minute video clips. I tested other canon lenses then retried the Rok. Now it is not taking any images or vids. Is there a link or good site to visit for how to use this awesome lens? I'm new to this category or cameras so I'm hoping for step by step instructions and some best practices. Example, what settings does the Mark II need to have configured on initial installation, what are vlogging settings, astro settings, etc... The lens did not come with a user manual. Thank you 🙂 !!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Check the Rokinon web site for a User Manual for the lens.  Ditto for the camera.  Check out the Canon Support web site for the product support page for your gear.  You will find manual, software apps, firmware updates, etc.

Switch the camera to “P” mode, and reset it back to factory defaults in the menu.  Once done, look for a setting in the menu that allows you to “Release The Shutter Without A Lens” attached to the camera.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Check the Rokinon web site for a User Manual for the lens.  Ditto for the camera.  Check out the Canon Support web site for the product support page for your gear.  You will find manual, software apps, firmware updates, etc.

Switch the camera to “P” mode, and reset it back to factory defaults in the menu.  Once done, look for a setting in the menu that allows you to “Release The Shutter Without A Lens” attached to the camera.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you Waddizzle, the setting in the menu that allows you to “Release The Shutter Without A Lens” attached to the camera Worked!!

Announcements