cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble connecting to wifi/transfer to ftp Canon 5d iv

almab
Apprentice

Hi,

I'm shooting a job where I have to upload the pictures from my camera to an ftp server. I was sharing the network on my phone to connect my cameras to the ftp via wifi, which worked totally fine. However, a part of the job is shot in an arena filled with 5k+ people, this means the service on my phone during that time is too slow to work on. 

There is a press wifi to connect to, which worked fine with my Canon R5. With the 5D Mark IV however, I had trouble even finding the network. I know for a fact that the network is good enough to use for transferring photos, since it works fine on my R5. On the 5D mark IV I get various error messages and it won't connect. Sometimes it does connect, just to disconnect 30s later. Anyone know how I can get around this problem? I've reset the camera completely, and the network settings, but nothing seems to work.

/Alma

1 REPLY 1

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello almab,

There are several things to look at when troubleshooting your FTP connection issue. Certainly the main thing is if the camera is not even finding the access point, then the rest of the concerns are kind of mute at that point. In such an environment, you want to make sure that the access point is in a position clearly visible from the point of view of the camera. Also, make sure that the camera is set for communication in infrastructure mode instead of ad hoc mode for this type of connection.

Announcements