cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The filename prefix being stored on my memory cards changed

MEHottinger3821
Apprentice

The filename prefix my camera (Rebel T1i)  started storing the images on my SD cards with the following naming convention: _MG_nnnn instead of IMG_nnnn. I can't find where this convention is set. Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Check your Color Space.  The camera should only do that when it is in Adobe Space, instead of the default Standard Space.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Check your Color Space.  The camera should only do that when it is in Adobe Space, instead of the default Standard Space.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Totally agree with the above comment PLUS unless you shoot in RAW & have a monitor that can properly produce the Adobe Colour Space it's a bad idea to use it.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

MEHottinger3821
Apprentice

That did the trick. I am not sure how I even changed that setting. It was not intentional. I hope it does not screw up the images that were taken with the setting that way. I have not tried post-processing them in any way and they seem OK otherwise.

But Thank you very much! I appreciate the response.

ME

Usually the colours will be a bit flatter than when in the regular RGB colour space. You can fix that with a bit of editing.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."
Announcements