cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T8i strange glow on pics

msnivens
Contributor

I'm having a strange green/purple glow on my pictures sometimes with my brand new T8i. I happens on one of them, but not the other one, so I'm thinking something may be wrong with the one that keeps doing it. It seems to only do it on wide angle photos. When I zoom in, it doesn't have the glow. Is this something anyone has heard of? Is it a setting I can fix? Any suggestions??

glow.JPG

13 REPLIES 13

no flicker warning...no warnings at all, shoots like normal when it happens and you don't know it's happening until you look at the preview.

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

Is your digital lens optimizer turned on in the camera you are having trouble with?

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

You might also want to read up about Anti-Flicker Shooting, beginning on page 321 of your manual.

Steve Thomas

stratus41298
Apprentice

I'm having the same exact issue. My two canon lenses don't have this issue at all. I have two T8i's in front of me and it's happening to both. One is used and one is new. I tried cleaning the contacts just to be sure. The funny thing is that on my T7 I have zero issues. Anti Flicker is off. I also noticed that on live view I can only do manual focus, but it keeps flickering like it's trying to go to auto.

Update: Okay so I played around some more and I found that if I unscrew the lens a millimeter or two counter clockwise the issue doesn't happen anymore but I still can't get auto focus in live view though which is really weird. Clearly there's an issue with the contact points lining up on a T8i, though I don't know of any stated difference between the two.

Update again: Doing MORE digging it turns out there's a firmware update to address this exact issue, though it mentions the T6i, not the T8i. I'm sure it's the same thing though. I will call Tamron and see what they have to say.

FIX: Okay not so much a fix as a work around, but in the camera settings, camera tab, menu 1, go to "lens aberration correction" and turn off the optimizer. Once you do that, new options show up and turn off "chromatic aberration correction". That fixes it. I still have to do MF on live view, but that's good enough for me. If i'm doing live view I have time anyways. PHEW. Please see relevant link:

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4273673

Announcements