cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7 Won't Work in Auto

anneclaire2004
Apprentice

I just got a brand new canon T7. My manual mode is working but not my auto. It won’t focus or even take a picture. I called my nearest camera store and was told to clear settings, which I did and it is still not working. Pls send advice!

4 REPLIES 4

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

You say this is a brand new T7, is it absolutely a brand new camera, as opposed new to you?   If so, and you got it from a bricks and mortar location, I would suggest approaching the store you got it from and asking for their help because they can see the camera in real time.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

When you say "My manual mode is working but not my auto." are you talking about the mode dial - the one that indicates M, Tv, Av, M etc., located on the top of the camera body? 

If you are saying that your lens is working in manual mode and not auto mode, then it would make sense if you have not set the switch the side of the lens (I am assuming you are using either the 18-55 or 18-135 lenses) to from MF to AF.   If the lens is pointed at an object and it is still in (MF) manual mode, the camera will not attempt to focus - see P36 and P73-80 of your manual.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

The T7 Touch is an SSD drive. Please be sure you understand the topic before you post a reply. Wastes everybody's time.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Very interesting information about the encryption - although not sure what it has to do with this issue. 

If the issue is not connected to the lens, as I queried above, then I still suggest the OP following the process for support.  The challenge lies if the camera was grey market or from overseas off the web, which will complicate things.  We have no information on that as yet, so awaiting clarification.

cheers, TREVOR

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements