cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T3.i LCD "working" but live view black.

jonchamberlin
Apprentice

So here I am ready to take the very last pictures I need to launch and my camera suddenly stops working.

Basically my problem is this: My LCD is working in the sense that it shows the menu and controls. There's no indication from that screen that anything is wrong - visual wise, not possible setting wise. 

When I go into live view the screen is straight black - the "color graph" displays white lines all on the left. When I connect the camera to my laptop and use live view via EOS Utility 2, it still shows black. There is a red light on the camera that stays on when it's connected, but I don't recall if that is normal.

***Edit***
It seems Live view is working, it's just really really dark.

I did notice on live view that the two white lines that previously framed the LCD are now blue. I don't know what this accounts for. I had a custom WB previously which I just changed to AWB.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you in advance

2 REPLIES 2

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Clear all settings in the menu.  Not able to do that remove the battery overnight.  Make sure it is good and is a fully charged genuine Canon battery.  Also check to make sure the charger is working as it should.

Buy a brand new SD card from Snadisk or Lexar and formate it with the T3I.  Do not use your computer.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ezpop
Rising Star

Did you remove the lens cap ?

Or you have an very under-exposed setting on your camera. Try P mode in good light.

Announcements