cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something inside my t3i/600d sounds like it's loose.

MatthewH
Apprentice

I've had my t3i since about june of last year. I just recently (maybe in the past month or so) noticed that if I tilt it forward and backward it sounds like something internally is moving back and forth. I've looked this up and i can confirm that it's not the eyecup or flash, as some people seem to be having issues with. There's no issue with functionality, it takes pictures fine.  I haven't banged it around any more than what would happen under normal use, no serious drops, I've taken pretty good care of it.  Has anyone else dealt with this?

2 REPLIES 2

Mykolas
Authority

MatthewH,

The flash itself may not be moving, but the brackets that hold it in place are moving parts too, so you could be hearding these instead.  Try raising the flash and holding these still while you do the same motion with the camera. 

Do you still hear the noise?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

iamjagan22
Apprentice

Hi MatthewH,

I am also experiencing the same issue like yours with canon T3i camera.

I bought the brand new canon rebel T3i last week, after couple of days  I found some noise(loose screw rolling around) when I do the camera a gentle shake or tilt back and forth. I checked the battery socket, eyecap area and all the closed socket, but could not find anything loose/any object. After some time I didn't hear the noise anymore, I am thinking that it get stuck inside. I did not find any problem in camera functionality or picture quality.

when I search the web I found your post. Did you find what was wrong? you find any problem after this?

Now I am thinking whether to return the camera, since exchange option is not there.

Thanks

Jagan

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements