cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red squares im new here

victoriahurley
Apprentice

When i take a picture the red squares flash red and it doesnt take a picuture. I move to a slightly different angle and it allows me to take the photo. Am i doing something wrong? 

5 REPLIES 5

@victoriahurley wrote:

When i take a picture the red squares flash red and it doesnt take a picuture. I move to a slightly different angle and it allows me to take the photo. Am i doing something wrong? 

I'm tempted to suspect that what you're doing wrong is not reading the user manual. But I'll eschew that temptation, because

a)  I have no desire to put off a new contributor, and

b)  I have no idea what camera you're using or how you're trying to use it.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Peter
Authority
Authority

@victoriahurley wrote:

Do you mean something like this? First image I can't lock the AF and take a picture, the AF box is just flashing red. Second picture when I tilt the camera it is possible to lock AF and take the picture. If that is the case you can read more about it here.

DSF1023-1.jpg

DSF1032.jpg

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Am i doing something wrong? "

Sounds normal to me. The camera will not shoot if it can not attain focus.  When you move a bit you put it in a place where it can, so it works.  Too close and too dark are the two biggest reasons a camera can't focus.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"Am i doing something wrong? "

Sounds normal to me. The camera will not shoot if it can not attain focus.  When you move a bit you put it in a place where it can, so it works.  Too close and too dark are the two biggest reasons a camera can't focus.

And no contrast at the focus point, i.e., a blank wall.

"And no contrast at the focus point,..."

You are correct sir.  That is a biggie.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements