cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel XT How to update firmware

-Ivy
Apprentice

I have a digital rebel xt and its firmware is 1.0.1. How do I improve/update/ install new firmware on the camera?

12 REPLIES 12

Peter
Authority
Authority
It seems that Canon has removed its old firmware updates. I collected the updates some time ago. Send me a PM if you don't find 1.0.3 at Canon's page.

@Peter wrote:
It seems that Canon has removed its old firmware updates. I collected the updates some time ago. Send me a PM if you don't find 1.0.3 at Canon's page.

I checked my camera and the firmware version on that is 1.1.1.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

XT/350D changes in 1.0.3:

1. Fixes the phenomenon of shots being unable to be taken when using the remote controller RC-1.
  2. Fixes the phenomenon wherein the camera continues to scroll through images being played back.
  3. Improves reliability in communication when using some CF cards.

XT/350D changes in 1.0.2:

1. Fixes the phenomenon of extreme underexposure when using some lenses.
  2. Fixes the phenomenon of auto power off function failure when auto power off is set more than 2 minutes.
  3. Fixes the phenomenon of incorrect white balance when using an external flash.

@Tronhard wrote:

@Peter wrote:

I checked my camera and the firmware version on that is 1.1.1.

Do you mean XTi/400D? The latest for that one is 1.1.1. I am at my computer now and for XT/350D 1.0.3 seems to be the latest.

Ah, sorry.  I got confused by the rather torturuous Rebel naming conventions.  Over here we use the EOS ###D system and I have the 400D, which I now gather is the Xti?  Sorry for any confusion to the thread!

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

by chance do u still have the 1.0.3 update file?

I do.

MVP right here.

Greetings Mr Peter, I'm sorry to bother you, but I have just bought a Rebel XT, my first reflex camera, its firmware version is 1.0.2 and I would like to update it to 1.0.3, do you still have the file? If so, would you be so kind as to provide it to me. Thanks in advance

do you still have the 1.0.3 firmware update for rebel xt?

Announcements