cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T3 Lines on viewfinder and photos

Kim1
Apprentice

So, this is happening to all my photos. These lines appear in even in the viewfinder. I've tried different memory cards, but it doesnt help and I am at a loss. Has anyone ever seen this before and can this camera be saved? Help?

bad photo.jpg

13 REPLIES 13

I have an email into Canon to see how much this would cost to fix. If its too much, Id probably just buy a new body. Does anyone know for sure if the lenses from the T3 body would fit the newer models? 

@Kim1 wrote:

I have an email into Canon to see how much this would cost to fix. If its too much, Id probably just buy a new body. Does anyone know for sure if the lenses from the T3 body would fit the newer models? 

Yes.  Any past, or current, Canon EOS lens will fit on to a T3.  Your existing lenses can fit any Canon EOS DSLR, except for the professional "full frame" camera bodies.

The T3 is a "Rebel" series camera, which uses an "APS-C" image sensor, so any current Rebel model can use the same lenses as your T3. Your lenses will also fit any Canon DSLR with a model similar #0D, like a 60D, 70D, and 80D.  Your lenses will also fit any 7D series cameras, too.

However, none of your Rebel "EF-S" lenses will fit Canon's full frame, professional cameras: 1D, 5D, and 6D series cameras.  The professional cameras use "full frame" image sensors, which are much larger than APS-C image sensors.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

"I have an email into Canon ..."

That is good.  Nobody here can tell you with certainty what is wrong or how much it will cost.  Only Canon can.

If you buy another Rebel your lenses are good to go.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

The sensor is faulty. It needs service but if it truly is the sensor it may not be worth repairing.  Call Canon Support today!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements