cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6 viewfinder display is inverted!

jerseyjon
Apprentice

I can't find anything about this online, but can't believe my R6 is the first camera to ever have this issue:

All of a sudden, in the middle of a shoot, the EVF (but not the LCD 3" screen) display is inverted. In other words, when looking at a menu thru the EVF, the background is bright white and the letters etc are black. When looking at a subject thru the EVF, all colors and brightness values are inverted - everything looks like a film color negative. I've tried swapping out battery and card, then re-set the camera, then did a firmware upgrade, and again re-set the camera. Nothing changed. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Lnie
Apprentice

Hey, I suddenly have same issue, did you find something? been looking with no luck yet.

This happend to me the day after I took some video for a longer periode the first time since I gotten the camera, not sure if it has something to do with that, but thats the only thing I can think off that was out of the norm for my use of the camera. I thought maybe it was some strange setting I had turned no... but seems its a fault.

guessing next step is contacting canon for repair or replacement ...

Hi. I could not find anything in the manual or online about this. This fun issue arose in the middle of a shoot, and I could not think of anything out of the ordinary I was doing before it started. Canon very quickly came to the conclusion that It requires a repair, which they estimate in the mid $500 range. So, for now, I am learning how to love this new view, since the light meter and images all seem to be working out okay. I often shoot in very low light, so a hidden "benefit" is that this inverted view allows me to see details in the shadows better.

Good luck to you. 

Announcements