cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6 Mark II HDMI Limitations - Simultaneously display on monitor and LCD screen

Watkins
Contributor

First post, new here. Curious, but does Canon read these comments?

I just purchased an R6 Mark II and I was shocked that the camera's display was disabled when external HDMI was connected! My camera shop was also baffled by this. My vision isn't what it used to be and I was excited about the ability to use a larger external display for monitoring while also having the built in screen's touch focus and info.

If it's possible, I would really appreciate the ability to connect an HDMI monitor while maintaining the ability to record to the camera and use the camera's display in both photo and video modes.

30 REPLIES 30

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I use an iPad running CanonComnect.  Note, my device is Wi-Fi only.  This means it will not drop the wireless connection like a device with phone service could.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you for the suggestion. I've tried that app and a couple of others via USB C. While there are some positive aspects to that solution, there are also a number of limitations/compromises. I'll create new threads for some of my specific concerns. Anyway, the fact that HDMI disables the camera's display should be addressed, in my opinion.

The behavior is not a bug.  

Are you trying to capture stills or video?  I am capturing mostly stills. 

While I didn’t suggest it was a bug, it certainly isn’t a feature. I’m primarily still photography at the moment, but I plan to use the camera for video as well. 

The camera has “Clean HDMI” output in video modes that must first be enabled. 

That would actually be fantastic if the camera’s display didn’t turn off. 

This is the best option for 99.99% of users: 
https://www.usa.canon.com/mobile-apps/camera-connect 

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

"First post, new here. Curious, but does Canon read these comments?"

The moderators of course read the comments, but there is no guarantee that Canon's Engineers or Marketing do. For that send feedback. At the bottom of the Canon USA website, you can find a feedback link:

Feedback.jpg

aquagen
Apprentice

Is it still an issue? Also looking for solution to connect external monitor (and keep display alive).

Announcements