cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6 Mark II 4K60P footage not actually 60p

jaywhyenecks
Apprentice

So I'm editing a wedding that I shot with my R6 II 4K60P footage and noticed that all the clips show they are 4K60P, but some clips are actually 30p when I try to slow them down 40% (I checked each frame on a 60p timeline and its every other frame)
60fps played at 40% = 24fps on a 24p timeline (smooth slow motion)

anyone else experience this? For context, the clips at the salon in the morning are all 30p, the ceremony is all 30p but the reception is all 60p, but all the clips are 4K60p....I dont know if the issue is with the SD card or the camera itself...card used was a Lexar Pro v90 2000x

1 REPLY 1

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings jaywhyenecks,

We recommend on checking the file properties of the video clips within File Explorer on Windows or in Finder if running a computer with a macOS. This will provide the frame rate of which the video was recorded in. The camera will record at 60 frames per second if this is what has been selected within the camera's shooting menu. The memory card may not be an issue if the camera has been able to successfully record video clips to the memory card.

When the camera records video, the video is first processed and put onto the buffer memory within the camera which then writes the file to the memory card of the camera. If there is an issue with the memory card where the camera will have trouble recording to it, then the camera will produce a message on the LCD screen stating that recording has stopped.

The issue may be with the timeline project within the video editor.

Announcements