cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6 ES is to fast - each press of the button takes at least 2 shots

Makverus
Contributor

Hello! I just got the R6 and I'm pretty stoked about it. The ES (being silent) is a godsend for my job. But I can't seem to get it to shoot one shot - each time I press it goes on and takes 2-3. And that's obviously not ideal. I tried binding switching the drive mode to a button - but that's still too slow to be useful. Maybe someone here has some suggestions? 

11 REPLIES 11

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

It sounds like you have the drive mode set to high speed.  You can set it to single shot.

Or practice 🙂  I shoot primarily sports and leave my 1DX II and 1DX III in high speed drive mode but most game exposures are single shot.  It just takes a little practice to trigger single shots in high speed drive mode.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Yeah, I know about single shot. Guess I'll have to try and train myself...

It really gets easy after you use it for a short time AND it keeps you alert and on your toes 🙂

For sports, I have to keep my cameras in high speed drive but I don't want multiple images when one is all that is needed/wanted. 

Between three soccer matches over the weekend, I shot just under 1,000 images with my 1DX III with it set for 16 FPS.  The longest sequence I shot was 9 images of a keeper going down and first nearly getting trampled and then almost kicked in the head while he wrapped up the ball.  The time when I get the most unwanted images is catching headers in soccer where timing is critical and most of those are 3 or 4 frames. 

I accidentally shot a really long sequence while shooting U.S. rules HS football last week using three body/lens combos and in the middle of an interception while grabbing my medium range setup the 1DX III portrait orientation shutter release ended up against my camera harness and I got 30 lovely images of nothing with that body 😞

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

@Makverus wrote:

You should be able to dial in a maximum frame rate when using Continuous Drive mode.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

That would be awesome, but where is that option? Or are you just saying that they SHOULD have such an option?

@Makverus wrote:

That would be awesome, but where is that option? Or are you just saying that they SHOULD have such an option?

It is a real setting.  Even the entry level cameras have it available as a menu item.  Look in the AF menus.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I checked there twice, but no luck... 

@Waddizzle wrote:

@Makverus wrote:

You should be able to dial in a maximum frame rate when using Continuous Drive mode.

Is this just for the R's? This is certainly not an option for the Rebels, or at least my Rebel T6S.

I don't see it on my R6, so... I may be dumb and completely miss it, though. 

Announcements