cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pictures from my EOS Rebel T5 won't download to computer

Laurelinn
Contributor

When I connect my camera (EOS Rebel T5) to the computer through the provided USB cable the autoplay window does not come up, nothing happens so I am unable to move my images from the camera to the computer.

14 REPLIES 14

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Has it ever worked properly?  What type of computer and Operating System?  Have you installed the EOS Utility software?

The procedure to follow is to install the EOS Utility.  Connect the camera, and then turn it on.  You may have to wait up to a minute the very first time you do it.  There is an application known as the EOS Launcher that determines what camera is connected, and then launches the correct version of the EOS Utility. 

The first time I connected my T5, it seemed to try to launch a wireless utitlity.  I had to go into the Wndows Start Menu and launch the EOS 2 Utility by hand.  After that, it launched itself.  Many others have reported similar issues on the first startup.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Does it show up on your computer window?

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

That's the problem, it doesn't show up. I have been using a usb card reader to download my images, but it seems to be broken, so I tried connecting the camera directly and nothing. The computer is my office desktop, operates windows 7. Here is a screen shot of my computer properties

and one of the available drives w/ the camera attached by USB....computer info2.JPG

computer info.JPG

I'm not understanding this " The computer is my office desktop, operates windows 7. Here is a screen shot of my computer properties

and one of the available drives w/ the camera attached by USB" , but was the seems to be broken card reader connected to the same USB port and/or same cable? Can you get anything to connect to that USB port on the computer?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I was simply describing the two screen shot pictures which I was including in my reply.

Yes I have connected my phone and tablet to the same usb connection on the computer and both come up as a portable device. The card reader didn't work on my laptop or on my office computer, which is why I assume it is no longer working.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Is the USB cable you are using a Canon cable that came with the camera?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

yes

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I just saw in original post you said it was the provided cable.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements