cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 4000D No sound while video playback

jabfeliciano
Apprentice

I have a Canon EOS 4000D. While I was playing my recorded video, there is no sound? Is there a setting on the camera to increase the volume playback? Thanks!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have downloaded and referenced the Canon 4000D manual, according to which, if the camera is being used to playback movies, it has to be connected to a computer or a TV screen via the HDMI socket to do so.   I enclose this page from the Canon 4000D manual.

Canon 400D Image 2.jpg

And...  Regarding controlling volume with the camera

Canon 400D Image 3.jpg

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

This seems to happen to some foks. Does the sound play when you view it on the PC or phone?

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Your post did not really specify where you were attempting to play the video back from, but from your comment about a sound volume om-camera device I assume you are attempting to view the video from the camera.  If you read the manual:

On P214 it states "The camera does not have an audio/video OUT terminal. Therefore, the camera cannot be connected to a TV set with an analog AV cable."

AND

On P216 it states "Check the sound recording on a TV or computer.  The camera is not equipped with a speaker"

So you have a couple of choices:

1. remove the card and put it into a computer or compatible TV

2. connect the camera to a computer or TV via the HDMI port and a cable - sold separately.

I hope this clarifies the situation for you.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

@jabfeliciano wrote:
I have a Canon EOS 4000D. While I was playing my recorded video, there is no sound? Is there a setting on the camera to increase the volume playback? Thanks!!!

Check your manual. There is no playback speaker on your camera. 

Mike Sowsun

I have downloaded and referenced the Canon 4000D manual, according to which, if the camera is being used to playback movies, it has to be connected to a computer or a TV screen via the HDMI socket to do so.   I enclose this page from the Canon 4000D manual.

Canon 400D Image 2.jpg

And...  Regarding controlling volume with the camera

Canon 400D Image 3.jpg

cheers, TREVOR

1. “The camera is not equipped with a speaker”. 

Good catch.... I guess the 4000D is the first Canon DSLR not to have a speaker. Even entry level cameras like the T6/1300D and T7/2000D  have speakers. 

Mike Sowsun

@MikeSowsun wrote:

“The camera is not equipped with a speaker”. 

Good catch.... I guess the 4000D is the first Canon DSLR not to have a speaker. Even entry level cameras like the T6/1300D and T72000D  have speakers. 

Hmm.  I wonder how it manages to “beep” when it gets a focus lock.  =8^D

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

No speaker in 4000D ?

Where does the autofocus confirmation beeping sound come from ?

@huskyC wrote:

No speaker in 4000D ?

Where does the autofocus confirmation beeping sound come from ?

I have a sense of deja vu here, since I posted the solution to this back near the start, but again...

If you check the user manual for the EOS 4000D, on P216, it clearly states:

"Check the recorded sound on a TV set or computer.  The camera is not equipped with a speaker."

The autofocus beeping does not come from a conventional speaker, it comes from a A piezoelectric speaker that is comparitively primitive and just beeps like those on watches or alarm clocks.

cheers, TREVOR

jodiweitz
Contributor

I have a Vixia HF R82.  The playback sound was working well, until I plugged a headphone in the AV OUT port and took it out again.  Now, the auto level indicator always displays and there is no sound on playback.  Any ideas?

Announcements