cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Camera to Stay On Constantly - Shuts off after about 45m or so

TravisHowell
Apprentice

Hi all,

A pretty unique situation here. I'm trying to use my Canon T6 Rebel as a live streaming camera and overall I've got everything set up great, however the camera shuts off or live view shuts off after around 45m to an hour.

I have in the settings the "Auto Shut Off" set to Never. The current set up is using the USB, I use the EOS Utility application to activate Live View mode but as the subject states, it seems either this or the camera itself shuts off automatically still after some time. Any way to keep the camera on? Am I missing a settings somewhere?

11 REPLIES 11

felmley
Apprentice

For all those who trolled you in 2018, I'm sorry. Just know that now they all want to do the exact same thing.

Fortunately, Canon launched a beta software just last month software to do just that.

Search YouTube for EOS Webcam Utility Beta. 

Should work with your T6. Make sure you keep your "EOS Utilities" from running.

This is happening to me as well, but I'm not sure why. If I turn it off and back on again, it turns on. If it was overheating I would think that it would shut back off immediately. The LCD is not in use when you have an HDMI plugged in either, so that can't be it. I'm thinking it's just some kind of a 'time out' thing because you haven't done anything on the camera. 

Announcements