cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Rebel T7i isn’t turning on..

chlo
Apprentice

I just bought a Eos Rebel t7i second hand, I don’t know when it was originally purchased, but it was working perfectly for 2 days, and once i was done using it i turned it off to save the battery life, but it hasn’t turned on since. I’m hoping it’s just the batteries crapping out, but does anyone might know why this is happening..? 

5 REPLIES 5

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

chlo,

Well, if you used your camera for two days, the battery probably did "crap out".

Do you have a charger? If you do, charge up your battery for an hour or two, and see if your camera will work then.

It's probably good to have a spare battery as well, so you can keep shooting while your first battery is charging.

Since you bought the camera second-hand, do you have a manual for it? The manual will tell you what kind of battery and battery charger your camera uses. If you didn't get a paper copy with the camera, you can download one from the Internet.

Steve Thomas

I have tried charging the batteries fully, I currently have 3 all from the previous owner, i also didn’t receive the manual but will be sure to check that out, Thanks!

chlo,

When you put the batteries in your charger, does it show them being fully charged?

Your T7i uses LP-E17 batteries. Is that what the batteries you got say on them?

I'm sorry, but if you put fully charged proper batteries in your camera, and it won't turn on, it sounds like you may have a problem with your on/off switch, and it needs repaired.

That's just my thought.

Steve Thomas

You might find this useful:
T7I basic instruction manual: eos-rebelt7i-800d-bim-3l.pdf (c-wss.com)

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

normadel
Authority
Authority

Where'd you purchase the camera? If changing/charging batteries doesn't work, hopefully you can return it.

Announcements