cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My EOS 7D is returning Blurred images even when it is on a Tripod.

Pcesak
Apprentice

I loaned my EOS 7d to my daughter for a trip and when it came back...  Well...it takes fine pictures on Auto but on any of the manual settings, images return blurred...even when on a tripod. I am using the 28-135mm lens that came with the camera. I am not sure if she changed a setting that I am not finding. She said she changed a lot of settings.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

6 REPLIES 6

hsbn
Whiz
Is it motion blur or focus blur? Check to see if AF switch on the lens has been switched to MF?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

cale_kat
Mentor

@Pcesak wrote:

I loaned my EOS 7d to my daughter for a trip and when it came back...  Well...it takes fine pictures on Auto but on any of the manual settings, images return blurred...even when on a tripod. I am using the 28-135mm lens that came with the camera. I am not sure if she changed a setting that I am not finding. She said she changed a lot of settings.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Is it possible that she changed the dioptric adjustment and everything "looks" blurry? Happened to me and I thought there was something wrong with my eyes. 🙂

It is focus blur as I have it on a tripod and am using the 2 second delay.. And I am getting the results from the camera that are blurred on my laptop. Not all are out of focus and some are worse than others. I tried resetting the camera to factory defaults. Still have the problem.

see if AFMA has been changed or not. Resetting the camera will not reset the AFMA value.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

@Pcesak wrote:

It is focus blur as I have it on a tripod and am using the 2 second delay.. And I am getting the results from the camera that are blurred on my laptop. Not all are out of focus and some are worse than others. I tried resetting the camera to factory defaults. Still have the problem.

Do the out of focus images have anything in common? Have you checked if the autofocus mode is set to continuous (AI Servo or AI Focus) focus? Did you turn off Image Stabilzation on the lens?

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I would guess it's not the camera.  It's the lens.  You did make sure it is not on MF ?  Clean the lens, and camera, contacts with denatured alcohol and a q-tip.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements