cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Canon M50 II is not taking Pictures, it only takes video

Derrick7229
Apprentice

Hi
My Canon M50 II is not taking pictures, it only takes video. I have been using it for about 2 years now and it worked perfectly. It suddenly just stopped taking pictures, there are no error codes or anything. The screen just goes blank like a second, same way it does normally but the picture does not save nor preview. When I press the shutter button it behaves like it normally does but no picture preview then goes back to waiting for me to take another picture.

I gave it to a technician to fix and it's been 2months already, am loosing hope. He mentioned something about changing the motherboard. 

The video on the other hand is working perfectly, no problem at all. 

I have tried searching for any similar instances on google but I haven't found any.

I am really hoping for a solution.

6 REPLIES 6

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What lens? Does it work in manual focus? Does it work in LiveView?

I tested it with both manual and Auto lens. It's fine, It also works fine with live view and the eye piece thing.

It just doesn't save or preview

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What do you mean by "works fine" if it does not "save or preview"?

I mean it focuses ok. I used a ef-m 18-150mm and ef 50mm. Focus is on point, tracking is ok too

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Are you using a full size card? Have you tried a new card formatted in the camera?

Derrick7229
Apprentice

My card is good, I haven't tried formatting it with camera and using it. But I doubt it's the card cause even without the card, the camera should be able to capture a picture and display it for like a second

click here to view the gallery
Announcements