cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movie times out EOS2000D

Jerry4
Contributor

When in Movie mode, camera stops at early times.  7 minutes, 11 minutes.  I thought it was to run 29 minutes?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Jerry4,

I tried to research this for you with no luck.

32 gigs should be more than enough to hold over an hour of video at that resolution, and yes, your camera should shoot videos of up to 29:59 in length.

The only suggestions I could find is that your card could be full, or that it's corrupted in some way. The solutions were either to format your card or buy a new one.

Sorry I couldn't help.

Steve Thomas

View solution in original post

Jerry4
Contributor

OK

My mistake:  If I run 64X480@30fps I can reach 29.59 minutes/ 2.61 GB.  but of course the aspect is like 4:3.  Oh well.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

I am going to try another card and format it on “low” format and see what happens. After that I’ll see if I can call Canon I guess. 

Jerry4
Contributor

Sorry.  some of the files were more than 2GB.  We reset the camera to 1920x1080 and it stopped at 11 minutes.

Jerry4
Contributor

OK

My mistake:  If I run 64X480@30fps I can reach 29.59 minutes/ 2.61 GB.  but of course the aspect is like 4:3.  Oh well.

These are unfortunately the limits when working with video on equipment where that's the not primary feature.

For effectively unlimited video times, look to using either a camcorder or a cinema camera.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers
click here to view the gallery
Announcements