cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meet the Canon EOS R50

ccanada
Community Manager
Community Manager

You're meant to be seen. Share your story with the easy-to-use, compact, and lightweight APS-C Canon EOS R50 camera. Learn more about the EOS R50: https://canon.us/3Ywq8V0

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Nice!  Now to hunt down all the "Should I get an EOS M50?" posts and link to this product 😀

Just in terms of size and weight, the R50 is a tad bit lighter and the same size or smaller in width and height.  Just 1cm larger in terms of depth.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

So the R50 might not be as "pocketable" as the M50 can be. I don't know that there will be a lot of sales of new M50s going forward, though, nor would I probably recommend someone do that unless the price drops substantially. The M50 is no less of a camera today than it was yesterday, though, and I think there's enough of a critical mass of users out there that there will be plenty of lenses, accessories and third-party support for it for some time to come. In fact, I would even go so far to say that someone who bought an M50 six months ago likely didn't waste as much money as someone who bought an R10 at that time.

Kevin Rahe
EOS M50 Mark II

The R50 is a nice small body for vloggers/ Youtubers. That don't need or require Full Frame cameras. The only thing that Canon hasn't brought out is an RF-S 10-18mm or RF-S 11-22mm wide angle lenses. But overall it looks like a nice camera.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L III USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II USM, EF 50 F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D & Sigma 17-50mm F/2.8 EX DC OS HSM

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D
Announcements