cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIssing white balance button cover on Rebel XS

sonshine_acres
Apprentice

The black cover to the white balance button fell off the back of my Rebel XS and is lost. With the missing button cover, I cannot change the white balance.  Any suggestions on where to get a button cover or how to repair it?

2 REPLIES 2

Skirball
Authority

Sorry, I have no idea where to find such parts.  You can try searching around for Spare Rebel Parts, but most of what I see are more fundamental pieces.  But unless you're willing to take it apart and put it in yourself you're probably going to pay someone more than the camera is worth to fix it.  You could try to find a camera repair place, like an old school guy-in-a-room-full-of-old-camera-parts type of place, where he might be able to shove something in there for a reasonable price.  If you're mechanically inclined you could take it apart, pull a button off something else, and stick it in there.  But I don't know if there are any other buttons of less importance on there, most seem more used to me.

Do you shoot in RAW?  My recommendation would be to set the WB to auto and leave it there, and shoot in RAW so you can adjust in post anyway.  You should be able to adjust the WB through the menu using the navagation buttons.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

It may not be available as a separate part; looks like back cover comes as a complete assembly.

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements