cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M50 mark ii does not take pictures with Meike 85 mm lens

Feliciatomson
Apprentice

I just bought a new prime lens, Meike 85 mm 1,8 for my Canon m50 mark ii. It fits well with my EF M adapter but when I start the Camera a message appears: ”Push and hold the lens switch and rotate the lens to enable shooting”. It is the same message that shows as when you are using a zoom lens, but since it is a prime lens i am not able to ”unlock” it, and therefore my Camera will not let me take any pictures. I have changed the setting ”release shutter without lens” to enable, but it still does not work.

Does anyone know what i should do to be able to use the lens?

11 REPLIES 11

bisrafoto
Apprentice

I have the same problem, the strangest thing is that I have 2 cameras, both m50, only one is a mark 2 and the other is not, the lens does not work on the mark 2 but on the m50 it does work for me, the truth is that I don't know which one it will be the inconvenient.

glor
Apprentice

Good news. I have a m50 and a Meike 85mm 1.8 and a viltrox speedbooster. Updating the speedbooster didn't do it but Meike released a firmware update for the 85mm 1.8: http://www.mkgrip.com/down.html (it's a little confusing because the file is named as a pdf but is in fact a zip-file and you need to show and then edit the file extension from pdf to zip). Issue is fixed for me now.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements