cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for latest firmware for Canon EOS 5D Classic (MkI)

trossit
Enthusiast

Does anyone happen to know a legitimate source for the latest firmware update for the first generation EOS 5D?  The current version in my camera now is 1.1.0 and believe the latest final release for this now unsupported by Canon 5D is verion 1.1.1.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

I use this website whenever I need to find older Canon firmware versions: https://pel.hu/eoscard/

Mike Sowsun

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Sorry, for some reason I couldn't edit my earlier post... Here is the link:

Firmware 1.1.1 for EOS 5D Classic 

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif., USA
"Walk softly and carry a big lens."
GEAR: 5DII, 7DII (x2), 7D(x2) some other cameras, various lenses & accessories
FLICKR & ZENFOLIO 

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

I use this website whenever I need to find older Canon firmware versions: https://pel.hu/eoscard/

Mike Sowsun

Mike,

This is great.  Thanks!

Peter
Authority
Authority

Both download sources, Eoscard and Softpedia, are legit. You can see yourself that the checksum is the same for the firmware update 1.1.1 that I have downloaded from Canon, the firmware update 1.1.1 from Eoscard and the firmware update 1.1.1 from Softpedia.

Skärmbild från 2022-03-15 10-16-28.png

To check yourself you can use Terminal in Linux or PowerShell in Windows. There are also online tools if you just do a quick search for SHA256 online hash file checksum function. Upload the file and you will get a SHA256checksum hash.

fra1959
Apprentice

Hi everybody,

I use a Canon EOS 5D mark I and like the pictures it makes. But I have difficulties with my 8 GB CF card. IN the past no problems but since a couple of years the camera shows "Card not formatted" and the pictures are not safed! Which I cannot afford (loosing time).  Some people say that this has to do with a firmware upgrade? Someone else told me that it might be the card itself that is no good anymore (since the card functioned in the past). Can anybody please help me out with this issue? Sincerely, Frank   

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements