cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 Mark II LCD screen went black

nscotia1
Apprentice

my canon r6 mark 2 lcd screen went black last night while shooting the milky way. I was adjusting some settings and it just went black.

Cant access menus etc.  view finder is fine.

how do i correct ?

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

First make sure something isn't covering the sensor near the EVF.

Without knowing what you changed, try pressing (cycling) the info button.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

It might be worth checking out the status of the INFO button by pressing it a few times to see if you inadvertently set the display to not display.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Appears the OP has solved the issue.  A separate thread was started with the solution.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Good catch sir.  😀

I've been using my mobile and didn't notice the same username.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

nscotia1
Apprentice

LCD display went black.  

i selected the wrong choice in screen/viewfinder’s display..am using auto 2 now and everything is fine!

Greetings,

We assume this is a statement and not a question?

If you need assistance, please post a follow up.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements