cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Canon 5D Mark II still a good buy in 2020?

abdulsamad52
Apprentice

Hi folks!

I'm a Professional Photographer working for Charlotte, North Carolina based company Final Cut Multimedia. We plan, shoot and edit your events. Our services can be divided into three main categories, photography, videography, voice, and animation.

I want a suggestion from professional photographers about Canon 5D Mark II. I want to take some classy nature shots, so is Canon 5D Mark II is a best option for that or should it go for any other model?

Thanks.

[link removed per forum guidelines]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hamza0115
Contributor

Canon 5D Mark II pros include:

• Crisp visuals in burst mode
  • Full video capabilities
  • An incredible battery life (over 24 hours on one charge)
  • A built-in cleaning system to keep dust away from sensing points
  • Excellent LCD screen 
  • Great JPG compression

Plus, as I note below, you can pick up a used Canon 5D Mark II on the cheap  these days, which is a definite bonus if you ask me!

Average Very good

Body only$360-380$500-520
With lens$600-700$800-900

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hamza0115
Contributor

Canon 5D Mark II pros include:

• Crisp visuals in burst mode
  • Full video capabilities
  • An incredible battery life (over 24 hours on one charge)
  • A built-in cleaning system to keep dust away from sensing points
  • Excellent LCD screen 
  • Great JPG compression

Plus, as I note below, you can pick up a used Canon 5D Mark II on the cheap  these days, which is a definite bonus if you ask me!

Average Very good

Body only$360-380$500-520
With lens$600-700$800-900

Thanks you. 

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@abdulsamad52 wrote:

Hi folks!

I'm a Professional Photographer working for Charlotte, North Carolina based company Final Cut Multimedia. We plan, shoot and edit your events. Our services can be divided into three main categories, photography, videography, voice, and animation.

I want a suggestion from professional photographers about Canon 5D Mark II. I want to take some classy nature shots, so is Canon 5D Mark II is a best option for that or should it go for any other model?

Thanks.

[. LINK DELETED. ]

I would expect a professional photographer to already know the answer to this question.  

It may not be a good choice if you are using a Mac.  Some of the Canon software for the 5D2 is 32-bit software, which does not run on the latest release of MacOS. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

You should be fine if you want to use any of the key Canon software.

If you want to se EOS Utility you just need to go to download site for any later camera and download EOSU3 installer. It will install the latest version of EOSU2. It works fine on my Catalina MacBook and my Rebel T5i.

Annotation 2020-07-29 091555.jpg

Annotation 2020-07-29 091855.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements