cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Flash fires, but pictures turn out dark / EOS 700D

Thomsen_85
Contributor

I need help (with my camera that is)!

I've taken 2 fotos just after one another with the same setting (automatic mode in this case), and on one ocation the flash is visable on the picture, and the other one is isn't. The flash fired on both pictures.

Can someone please tell me what is happening. The first time i've expirienced this situation was this new years eve. Could the flash and camera be out of sync, or did i (or some of my guests) unintentionally alter a setting that causes this situation, even though that is nearly impossible on the auto setting? 

I am aware of the time the flash needs to recharge and everything, so the pictures is not taken in a repeated situation.

As you can see on the pictures, it's not a big room, and the picture WITH the flash is illuminated just fine. I hope some of u guys can help!

With (not showing).JPG

And the one with flash:

With.JPG

EOS 700D - Rookie
12 REPLIES 12

Peter
Authority
Authority

I read the EXIF of your two pictures. Same settings. The only difference I found was that no AF points were reported to be in focus of your bright picture.

You have 9 seconds between the pictures. Plenty of time to recharge. Just one thought though. In Auto mode the camera will use the internal flash as an AF assist beam. Maybe that drained the internal flash before you took the picture?

If I were you I should try it out more. Try P mode and turn of AF assist beam and take a couple of pictures. Then do the same with AF assist beam.

The thing is just, even if i wait a looong time between the pictures, i still get the same results though. And since the problem is not consistent - i'm quiet confused.

I will tru the P mode though, thank you in advance!
EOS 700D - Rookie

And turn of AF assist beam and see if it helps.

OK, so now i fooled around with a lot of different options in P mode. And even thoufh my eyes are sore for taking pictures into the mirror (due to the flash exposure in real life) no effect is to be seen on my picures - just look at this example:

IMG_1534.JPG

EOS 700D - Rookie

Do you still have warranty?

Yes i have. So maybe i should send it in for repair/replacement?
EOS 700D - Rookie

For a start at trying to analyse this problem stop taking flash photos into a mirror, you are probably confusing the <Removed Per Forum Guidelines> out the ETTL exposure system.

I've done that too. Same result...
EOS 700D - Rookie

@Thomsen_85 wrote:
I've done that too. Same result...

Try a few more modes (Av, Tv, M) for data collecting then send it in.  It is not normal - I think something is wrong with your internal flash or camera (like your camera doesn't know that the flash is up and set the timing wrong).

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr
Announcements