cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Images showing red blue spot and they are not crisp at all - Canon EOS 600 D

slikhyani
Contributor

Hello,

About a month ago i bougth Canon EOS 600 D with 18-55 mm and 55-250mm lens and everything goes fine i capture moon images and wildlife pictures as well. 

But, now i'm facing some problem with it.

Recently i was trying to capture images with my Canon EOS 600 D and suddenly i noticed that the images are not sharp at all and the images show red and blue spot. I don't know what to do i'm just an ammature in this. 

Please any one can help me with this problem.

Previous Image sharp and crisp

Recently taken image not crisp red blue spots

Canon EOS 600D & EOS 5d Mark iii
Best DSLR's to make Images Real !
Apple News
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Skirball
Authority

That's chromatic aberration, it's a type of distortion that exists in all optics to some degree, but varies by the lens.  In general, cheaper lenses will have more CA, especially something like the kit lenses.  You'll notice it more in high contrast situations, like a bright white moon on a black background.  You can fix it to some degree in post with programs like Lightroom or Photoshop.

View solution in original post

Like Skirball said, it's CA problem with the lens and also color noise from high ISO image.
The first image: low ISO (ISO100), lack of contrast (the moon is not bright, underexpose a bit). The second image, really really high ISO (ISO6400), high contrast (the moon is much brighter). The setting for 2nd image is recipe for color noise and CA. This is normal, there is nothing wrong with your equipment. Also when using high ISO, you will lose some detail in the image; thus it will look softer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Skirball
Authority

That's chromatic aberration, it's a type of distortion that exists in all optics to some degree, but varies by the lens.  In general, cheaper lenses will have more CA, especially something like the kit lenses.  You'll notice it more in high contrast situations, like a bright white moon on a black background.  You can fix it to some degree in post with programs like Lightroom or Photoshop.

Sir, 

but initially it was working fine i've captured images in the dark as well.

I'm constantly monitoring moon rotation day by day.

But suddenly this kind of thing happened. I didn't dropped it or do anything wrong

Apple News

Like Skirball said, it's CA problem with the lens and also color noise from high ISO image.
The first image: low ISO (ISO100), lack of contrast (the moon is not bright, underexpose a bit). The second image, really really high ISO (ISO6400), high contrast (the moon is much brighter). The setting for 2nd image is recipe for color noise and CA. This is normal, there is nothing wrong with your equipment. Also when using high ISO, you will lose some detail in the image; thus it will look softer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you very much for your answer. Thank god there is notihing wrong with my equipment i'll try capturing photos tomorrow and get back here with the results. I'll definately know that the things you both por's said here gonna work for me.

Thanks a lot again

Apple News

The moon is actually pretty bright, so you don't have to use high ISO. About CA, it's just a lens problem so you cannot really avoid it when shooting high contrast object (the bright moon against dark sky is extremely high contrast), but you can fix CA in post. Have fun.

i'll try adjusting CA and ISO and get back here with the improved results

Apple News

If you're taking shots of just the moon then the exposure value won't change all that much day to day.  I recommend shooting in full manual, use the same settings that you used that gave you images you liked as a baseline.  Low iso, nice middle aperture, and adjust shutter speed to fine tune the exposure.  The next day you start at the same settings and adjust the shutter speed slightly if needed to account for a change in brightness.  Good luck, have fun.

is dead pixel looks different from this

Apple News

Yes, they will look more obvious. You can tell right away.
Announcements