cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need camera recommendations for car pics and videos

hetoo
Apprentice

Hello, first of all I want to clarify that I am a beginner in the subject of cameras. I would like to buy a camera to be able to take pictures of cars and record some videos (even if the videos are too good I don't care as much as the pictures since I have another way to record). I plan to spend between $500-$650 (it doesn't matter if I can find a second hand one, well maintained and within that price range).

I was looking at a canon T8i (used, but its owner doesn't respond to my messages :/) and I was also looking about the M50 Mark II, but idk.

So I wanted to ask what cameras do you recommend that are very good for that budget? I would appreciate your recommendations.

2 REPLIES 2

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

hetoo,

I have a T8i and like it very much. You can get a used or refurbished one for that kind of price, but I would only buy from reputable dealers. If you've got a guy who won't respond to your messages, I would drop him like a hot potato.

At this stage, I don't think I would pursue anything in the M series of cameras. It's a technology that is quickly being phased out.

For your price range, T7 might be manageable. Remember that you are going to need money for lenses and also for accessories like a memory card or two, a spare battery and perhaps a tripod.

Something in the Point and Shoot line might be possible, like in the Powershot line. Some of those have pretty good specs, like the SX740.

Steve Thomas

March411
Rising Star

hetoo,

If you were considering the M50 why not take a step up and go with the R50? New it's $50 over your budget but comes with a RF-S18-45mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens. It puts you into the R series and allow you to expand on the system if you wanted in the future.

https://www.usa.canon.com/shop/p/eos-r50-rf-s18-45mm-f4-5-6-3-is-stm-lens-kit?color=Black&type=New

Be a different person on the web, be kind, respectful and most of all be helpful!

90D ~ 5D Mk IV ~ R5 ~ R6 Mk II ~ R50
Adobe and Topaz Suite for post processing
Personal Gallery
click here to view the gallery
Announcements