cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have the Canon T3I...is the Canon SL2 an upgrade?

illininutt
Enthusiast

Can't make up my mind weither to upgrade or keep my T3I.  99% of the time it's in Auto.  Never shoot video.  Sl2 is $200 cheaper than a T7I which is another option.  69 now...so before long my picture taking days on vacation may be over because of knee/back pain.  Since it's left in auto is an upgrade a need?

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

No, no upgrade is needed.

But, if you really want an upgrade, i can relate to that.  The SL2 is more of a replacement for a T3i, than an upgrade.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

If you check Canon's comparison table here:

https://downloads.canon.com/nw/camera/products/eos/rebel-t7i-18-55mm-is-stm/docs/canon-eos-rebel-dsl...

The SL2 has the same 24.2 MP sensor, same Dual-Pixel CMOS AF, same Digic 7 processor, etc. as the T7i.  

The SL2's main feature is that it has a smaller body (for a DSLR).

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

diverhank
Authority

@illininutt wrote:

Can't make up my mind weither to upgrade or keep my T3I.  99% of the time it's in Auto.  Never shoot video.  Sl2 is $200 cheaper than a T7I which is another option.  69 now...so before long my picture taking days on vacation may be over because of knee/back pain.  Since it's left in auto is an upgrade a need?

The SL2 even though not intended to, is somewhat an upgrade from the T3i, due to the fact that it's newer and has better features when compared to the older T3i.

Most notable "upgrades" are

1. 24 Mp vs. 18

2. ISO up to 51,200 versus 12,800

3. Touch screen

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You will love the upgrade to a Rebel SL2.  Do it.  Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements