cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get alot of noise with my canon t3i- 50mm(f/1.8) with low iso(100)

dmsrinivas407
Contributor

Hello I have observed alot of noise in today shoot. I was shooting in daylight with ISO at 100, i got noise like never before. 

Please suggest what can be the reason. 

FYI: this is Canon rebel t3i and almost 5 year old. high noise image

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You get a lot of noise, even at ISO 100 when you try to brighten a dark image by more than a stop or so.  I suspect that this was the case in your photo. In backlighted case like this, a fill flash will solve the problem.  I sometimes bracket the shots and correct in post if the model does not move too much.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Well, whenever the exposure is off as far as it is in your sample you will get "noise like never before."

You notice the girl looks fine.  Her exposure is correct.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

Well, whenever the exposure is off as far as it is in your sample you will get "noise like never before."

You notice the girl looks fine.  Her exposure is correct.

She is a bit out of focus, though, and that's easily confused with noise. I suspect some camera shake, possibly exacerbated by a slow shutter speed.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Bob, the shutter was at 1/3000. I think that was the reason for some grain on the subject and background. Also, what I wear lens which caused a trouble focusing with sunlight. 

Thank you, I will take this feedback and start working more 🙂 

You get a lot of noise, even at ISO 100 when you try to brighten a dark image by more than a stop or so.  I suspect that this was the case in your photo. In backlighted case like this, a fill flash will solve the problem.  I sometimes bracket the shots and correct in post if the model does not move too much.

Here are the setting I used

canon 50mm

F/2.0

1/1500

ISO 100

WB & Exposure at default.

@dmsrinivas407 wrote:

Here are the setting I used

canon 50mm

F/2.0

1/1500

ISO 100

WB & Exposure at default.

Are you saying you didn't brighten the image at all?  Come to think of it, I don't see a lot of noise.  The picture is a bit washed out but that is to be expected in such lousy lighting condition

Yes, this is RAW image. 

@diverhank wrote:

One caution if you do use fill flash: Remember to set the shutter speed to the sync speed. If it's set above the sync speed, the camera will lower it automatically, even if you're in Tv mode. I had that happen to me years ago with a Rebel XTi (400D), and the result was severe overexposure.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements