cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS M200 How to take photos as RAW(.tiff, .dng) instead of .cr3?

chrisxos
Apprentice
My camera is a canon M200. 
There are 2 image options that I can choose from, raw and compact raw. But no matter which one I choose, it still ends up with .cr3 when I export to my PC. However, when I view these images in the camera, it shows up as RAW or Compact RAW accordingly.
Any ideas on how to take pictures as RAW(.tiff or .dng)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

To add to Kevin's explanation, as he very correctly says, the CR# format is RAW already, it's just Canon's version.  If you really want to change the format: to TIFF, for example, you can use Canon Digital Photo Professional, a free program you can download from the support site for your camera model.   Not only does it allow you to change the format via the Convert and Change option on the File Menu, but you can do all sorts of modifications to the image to improve it.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

CR3 is the canon raw format, there is no option to shoot .dng or .tiff (which isn't a raw format, anyway) in camera.

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

To add to Kevin's explanation, as he very correctly says, the CR# format is RAW already, it's just Canon's version.  If you really want to change the format: to TIFF, for example, you can use Canon Digital Photo Professional, a free program you can download from the support site for your camera model.   Not only does it allow you to change the format via the Convert and Change option on the File Menu, but you can do all sorts of modifications to the image to improve it.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements