cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I take pics in real time from 5DMKll via a iUSBport to a Kindle. Use tablet as screen only.

gdonoghue20
Contributor

I am attempting to move pictures from my Canon 5DMKll via iUSBport to my new Kindle Tablet to be able to view the photo's in real time. Is anyone here familiar with this? Getting there has proven to be difficult.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Is it like the iPad and Apple’s iPad Connection Kit?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Is it like the iPad and Apple’s iPad Connection Kit?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Android based. Tks for your post.

No, Kindle does not accept RAW image files. I gifted mine and bought the APPLE AIR and it works just fine with the iUSBport.

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

There are the "official" methods to control the camera (supported by Canon) such as using a wired or wireless remote control, or using a USB connected computer with Canon's EOS Utility software (or apply as a developer for their SDK and write your own).

Apart from that, you'll need to get creative with "maker" / "hacker" skills and build your own solution (or find someone else who already has -- I'm aware of anyone.)

Only a few Canon cameras have remote control via a WiFi connection (such as the 6D and 70D) and can be software controlled from a mobile device -- and those devices have to use Canon's supplied software which means they'd have to run on a supported platform.

Canon has an SDK for Windows and Mac... but no SDK for mobile platforms (not that they've released publicly.  They have their own mobile apps which suggests they have something internal.)

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Tim: I am going to turn to my local Pro-Camera Store and let them help me. I will post what I find out!

Tim: Discovered the KIndle does not accept RAW images, would have to work in JPEG and then go through the CLOUD, too cumbersome. Gifted the Kindle and bought the Apple Ipad Air and it works just fine with iUSBport and my Canon 5d Mkll. Can view and take remote pictures on my tablet as well as show prospective clients the just taken photo almost instantly.

gdonoghue20
Contributor

Pay attention people. I found out the problem. The Kindle does not accept RAW images and would not work directly with iUSBport unless you work in JPEG and go through the CLOUD. So I gifted the  Kindle and bought the IPAD Air and it works fine. Both download apps for the iUSBport are available for free in the APPLE AP STORE when you have the iUSBport turned on on your camera. Now I am able to remotely view and take photo's with my IPAD and view photo's almost instantly. Great tool for showing clients the just taken photo without having to use the camera's 3x5 screen. Thanks for all who commented. Merry Christmas and Haopy New Year to all.

Announcements