cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get my T6i videos on my mac?

dslr-hawaii
Apprentice

How the heck do I get my videos from my T6i onto my computer? I have the new software installed, I restarted my computer. The software seems to work fine when I open it but when I plug in my camera to my mac laptop nothing happens. It's not the USB (the port works with other devices). The camera is on, the Wi-Fi is enabled. But I can't get either a hard line connection or wi-fi between them. Even when I go to Applications > Utilities > System Information, my camera isn't there. So the computer definitely doesn't recognize it. I'm running OSX 10.9.5, Please help! I've tried googling about this all freaking day. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

As stated if WiFi is enabled USB cable connection is disabled.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Janekong
Enthusiast

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I recall reading that WiFi must be off in order to use cable import.

But, I would recommend using direct import via SD card reader on computer.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks John. I tried just doing the direct dump from the SD card reader but it only worked for 1 video (not the other one), both show up in finder but after I import into iMovie, it says nothing is there (which I know is another problem all together). I'll try disconnecting the Wi-Fi and see if that works for direct connect. Thanks for the help!

If you open the SD card on the Mac and click on the movies can you get both of them to play (i.e. don't import to Mac)?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

As stated if WiFi is enabled USB cable connection is disabled.

That worked! Thank you!

Announcements