cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I transfer photos to phone with Eos1100D

Rash00
Apprentice
hi! i bought the eos1100d camera back in 2015, is there a way I can transfer the photos directly from the camera to the iphone? I have searched and there’s some saying it can be transferred through wifi but there’s no wifi icon in my camera! if there is no way, which are the ways I can transfer the photos from the laptop to the phone without having the photos' resolution being low?
Thank you
4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The 1100D supports image transfer via USB and PictBridge.  Optionally, you can use a card reader to transfer photos to a PC or MAC.

Your phone may have limitations on the file types and native resolution it supports for images.  My suggestion would be to use a sharing utility such as One Drive or DropBox or a photos app such as Amazon, Google Photos, etc which would allow you to access stored photos via a cloud based service.

The last and more expensive option would be to upgrade your camera (2014) to something more modern with wW-Fi capability.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

@shadowsports wrote:

Greetings,

The 1100D supports image transfer via USB and PictBridge.  Optionally, you can use a card reader to transfer photos to a PC or MAC.

Your phone may have limitations on the file types and native resolution it supports for images.  My suggestion would be to use a sharing utility such as One Drive or DropBox or a photos app such as Amazon, Google Photos, etc which would allow you to access stored photos via a cloud based service.

The last and more expensive option would be to upgrade your camera (2014) to something more modern with wW-Fi capability.

Thank you for the clarification. That helps a lot!

clementi
Apprentice

Hi,

I've been using the macbook to upload my Canon pics since I bought the camera last year but tried this evening & iphoto is not recognising them all of a sudden. How do I change the 'Transfer Protocol" on my Canon to TPT? Can anyone help please?

myaarpmedicare

@clementi wrote:

Hi,

I've been using the macbook to upload my Canon pics since I bought the camera last year but tried this evening & iphoto is not recognising them all of a sudden. How do I change the 'Transfer Protocol" on my Canon to TPT? Can anyone help please?

Welcome to the forum. 

Your model camera is set to PTP by design. It is only some very early models that had an option. 

Sinceit did work and now doesn't look for changes. Is your WiFi possibility switched on?

If you start the Image Capture app on the MacBook does it see the camera?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements