cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full frames comporable to a t6i?

shangche7
Apprentice

I started out shooting on a t6i and absolutely loved it. I eventually ended up getting a sigma 35mm lens and honestly the t6i body paired so nicely with the sigma lens. A couple years back the t6i was fatally damaged so I upgraded to the best thing I could afford at the time- a mark iii 5d, and I hate it. I thought for a while I just needed time to warm up to it, but looking at side by side comparisons of photos taken on each body using the same lens I much prefer the t6i images. It could be a setting, but I feel like the mark iii 5d does some strange **bleep** to the highlights and shadows- the depth seems off and texture seems lost in both highlights and shadows. I also miss the touch screen with the t6i, the screen that folded out,how lightweight the t6i is, and the Bluetooth. However, I do not want to go back to a crop sensor. What would be a sensical next purchase for me that would be full frame but would produce images that look more like a t6i?

2 REPLIES 2

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

Your depth of field may be off because you're shooting at a very narrow aperture. For instance you were shooting at F/2 instead of F/8. Which provides more depth of field. What is your budget to spend on a new camera. Also what lenses do you currently have. Canon lenses adapt very well to the EOS R series. 3rd Party lenses could be hit and miss when it comes to compatibility. Can you show example pictures of how the pictures come out. 

-Demetrius
Bodies: EOS 40D (Retired) & EOS 5D Mark IV (Current)
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 70-210mm F/4 (Brought out of Retirement) & EF 85mm F/1.8 USM
Speedlites: 420EX, 470EX-AI, 550EX & 600EX II-RT

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

If you are looking at images in-camera, or at JPG files later, then you should check out the setting for Scenic Profiles that can have a massive effect on the resultant images as you describe.  The 5DIII is an awesome camera, with far more capability than the T6i, but it does not have a flip screen.

Full-frame cameras will provide a shallower depth of field for the same settings (f/stop and focal length) on the same lens, it's to do with the physics of the different sizes sensors.

If you want a DSLR with a flip screen, then you could go for the T8i which does have that and is a later version of the T6i, or the EOS 90D, which is the highest-end crop-sensor body available for DSLRs.  You can get one from the canon Refurbished camera store (if out of stock they can notify you).  These units are either over-stock, box open but unused, show or demo units: they are 'good as new' and come with a Canon warranty and a saving.
Canon Refurbished Cameras & Accessories | Canon U.S.A, Inc.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements