cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eos Rebel T6 won't connect to my computer

deWAng123
Apprentice

Hi! So I recently got my EOS Rebel T6 and it came with a usb cord and all that, but it won't connect to my computer, and my computer doesn't detect a device when I plug the cords in. I have a decently old MacBook but the operating system is a macOS Sierra 10.12.4. I'm trying just to transfer the pictures from my camera onto my laptop, and I've also downloaded the EOS Utility along with the Utility 2 and Utility 3. I don't understand what went wrong, help would be greatly appreciated! 🙂

Thank you!!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

StanNH
Rising Star

Make sure wifi is disabled on your camera when you use a wired connection.

View solution in original post

Page 317 of the manual that comes with your camera:

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

2000M
Apprentice

Hi

I was using the rebel t6 but it was not in consumption for 4-5 months later then when I tried to use it whenever I goto video recording mode it's screen or entire cam always got hang and I must have to remove the battery  to restrart it, then I decided to update it's firmware after searching it's fix on internet nut during firmware writing operation it got hanged again and when I remove the battery it won't turn on.

Kindly help me out and I provide me the solution. 

THANK YOU

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Have you installed the latest version of EOSU?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yes.  After the EOS Utility Launcher black box opens up, nothing more happens.  When I click on the "Pairing over Wi-Fi/LAN" bar, a white box opens up with Camera model, MAC address, IP address but nothing listed under these column headings.  When I click on the 2-arrow circle icon, I get a message saying No updates are available.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/eos-dslr-and-mirrorless-ca...
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Can you turn off the wifi on your camera and connect via USB?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

My camera shows

Wi-Fi/NFC     Disable

I just tried three cameras that we have - T5i, T6s and 1D X. All open directly to a screen like this:

Annotation 2020-03-29 190456.jpg

One suggestion - do you still have the disk that came with your camera? If not you can download the EOS Solution Disk from the support page for your camera.

Reinstall the software from the disk. It will skip anything that is later than the disk and install any missing software. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Starting over was the way to go.  Thanks soooo much for your help!

R  

Announcements