cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility will not work with Mac OS X Yosemite

Wbradford
Apprentice

Any Idea when Canon will have a update that will work with Mac Yosemite?

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

What are you having trouble with. EU2 works fine with my T5i and Yosemite.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I have an EOS 70D. The software stopped working after I upgraded to Yosimete. 

issyoakes
Apprentice

I am stuck! I have a Canon 5D mk3. Until now, I have been using EOS utility as a work around to shoot into Lightroom 5.2. I have just updated my laptop to Yosemite and was also hoping to go back to C1 pro 8. I now find myself in a situation where I cannot tether to C1 (even though it says this camera is supported) OR to Lightroom (just updated to 5.7).

Is anyone else able to shoot tethered to C1 Pro 8? It knows the camera is there as it tries to connect, but it never manages to 'attach'. I know its not the connection as I am able to shoot tethered into an old computer with Mmountain Lion and LR 5.2 still.

When realising C1 STILL wasn't going to work (having just pay E60 for the upgarde), I reverted back to LR. Then I find I am now locked out of this because Yosemite doesn't support EOS Utility. This seems crasy to me! I am now locked out completely. I'm a professional photographer shooting almost every day, so this is a real problem for me. 

Is there any infomation on when these issues will be resolved? I am tempted to leave Canon after years of loyalty because these problems consistently arise when technology progresses. It looks like it could be a move to Hassleblad or Phase One which have decent, reliable and dedicated software.

I have to say that EOS are on the market as professional kit, but the EOS utility software seems prehistoric and totally impractial. This is why I am purchasing other software to run the camera.

Feeling very frustrated, let down and pretty stressed!

Do you have the latest version of EOS Utility installled? I seem to recall that there were problems with tethering using EU on Yosemite when it first came out, but was resolved with some updates to EU.

Looks like the current versions are 3.1.0b and 2.14.10b.

Cheers,

Bill

EOS 7D Mk II, EOS 40D, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX DC HSM

@issyoakes wrote:

I am stuck! I have a Canon 5D mk3. Until now, I have been using EOS utility as a work around to shoot into Lightroom 5.2. I have just updated my laptop to Yosemite and was also hoping to go back to C1 pro 8. I now find myself in a situation where I cannot tether to C1 (even though it says this camera is supported) OR to Lightroom (just updated to 5.7).

Is anyone else able to shoot tethered to C1 Pro 8? It knows the camera is there as it tries to connect, but it never manages to 'attach'. I know its not the connection as I am able to shoot tethered into an old computer with Mmountain Lion and LR 5.2 still.

When realising C1 STILL wasn't going to work (having just pay E60 for the upgarde), I reverted back to LR. Then I find I am now locked out of this because Yosemite doesn't support EOS Utility. This seems crasy to me! I am now locked out completely. I'm a professional photographer shooting almost every day, so this is a real problem for me. 

Is there any infomation on when these issues will be resolved? I am tempted to leave Canon after years of loyalty because these problems consistently arise when technology progresses. It looks like it could be a move to Hassleblad or Phase One which have decent, reliable and dedicated software.

I have to say that EOS are on the market as professional kit, but the EOS utility software seems prehistoric and totally impractial. This is why I am purchasing other software to run the camera.

Feeling very frustrated, let down and pretty stressed!

I would think that walking away from your Canon equipment would be very costly and disruptive. Why would you not simply buy a Windows computer instead? I can tell you from my own experience that EOS Utility 2 and 3 both run fine on the 64-bit versions of Windows 7, 8, and 8.1.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Whatever the issue is, it's not a Yosemite compatibility issue.  I'm using EOS Utility with my 5D III and just tested a tethered capture -- it all works fine.  I'm using EOS Utility 3.0.1 (although the latest is 3.1.0b - I haven't downloaded that update yet.)

Make sure your software isn't out of date.  You can find the latest here:  http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_5d_mark_iii#DriversAndSoftwa...

When I normally do tethering, I'm using Aperture.  There are no "drivers" needed to talk to the camera (the full SDK which knows how to talk to the camera is built into the app you use.)  At no point does the program invoke EOS Utility to help it with the live capture (you don't even have to install EOS Utility).  Thus Capture One is responsible for it's own connection to the camera -- not EOS Utility.  If other programs can talk to the camera, but Capture One cannot, this sounds like a problem with Capture One.  You may want to contact them for support.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Hi All,

Thanks for your responses. 

The issue I have is that I can't install a later version of EOS utility on my computer. I have downloaded it OK, but when I try to run through the install, it just says 'extracting files' and gets no further.

I have phoned Canon today who say they don't know why this is happening. I have checked the security settings on my computer and as far as I can tell there are no restrictions- no firewall, apps are allowed to be downloaded from anywhere etc.

Has anyone experienced this before??

Thanks in advance

Announcements