cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7i How to see images on computer monitor

Imranl
Apprentice

I had a Canon Rebel SL1 Camera. I want to do a product photography. It’s a good starter camera. I have another project of my own and I want to see the images on my computer monitor. I just purchased the Canon Rebel T7i. All the videos I found on you tube is for making a videos for blogs. I want to see photos on my windows 11 computer screen what’s the process for that. Please help me

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

The way I recommend is to use a memory card reader to transfer the photo files to your hard drive for viewing. You could also use a data USB cable to connect the camera to your computer and use Windows File Explorer to view the photos on the memory card and download them that way to your hard drive.

I have seen people attach their computer so when they take photos you can see it directly on the computer screen. Reason I am learning and it give me a better idea how the image look when I am seeing it on the screen. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

You could download and install the Canon EOS Utility from your camera's support site. It will allow you to remotely control your camera via USB cable or Wi-Fi.

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

I started: USB cable to download photos and videos; moved to a card reader; discovered a card slot in my old laptop. I now insert the card and download; laptop has W11 so the format is different; making it a learning experience. Have hundreds of photos and videos on the laptop.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

It sounds like you are looking for information about tethered shooting or remote shooting.  The Canon EOS Utility 3 and Canon Digital Photo Professional 4 both support remote shooting.

You will need a USB data cable, not a USB power/charging cable.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

As does Adobe Lightroom. It is the industry's standard. But it is not free.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements