cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7 Product registration won't accept serial number

bhealy
Apprentice

I got an EOS Rebel T7 last year at Target. I tried to register it online but I keep getting this message:

"The serial number you have entered is invalid for one or more of the following reasons:

1) The serial number does not match the product you have selected (FCC ID which starts with “AZD” is often mistaken for serial number.)
2) The serial number entered indicates this product was not intended for sale in the United States and is ineligible for registration and support in the U.S.

Please verify your product model and serial number to ensure they were entered correctly."

The serial number is correct and the camera was purchased in the US. I'm not sure why I'm getting this message.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

Did you buy a kit?  One that includes body and a lens or lenses?.   If so, you might need to choose this for registration and not just an individual piece of the kit.  

Also confirm your purchase came with a US warranty card and that the serial number on the card matches the camera.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Stephen

Hello!

The Rebel T7 is almost always sold as a kit with at least one lens, so when you register it, you have to tell the site it's a kit:

Stephen_0-1728222382958.png

You'll then be given a screen to input the individual serial numbers from the bottom of the camera body and the lens:

Stephen_1-1728222517375.jpeg

Stephen_2-1728222561703.jpeg

I hope you find this helpful!

Announcements