cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T5i Lens goes into constant autofocusing mode in video mode

Turnbr
Apprentice

Hello Fellow Canoners,

Whenever I put the camera into video mode via the power switch,  video with my T5i, the lense goes into a constant "autofocusing" mode. It doesn't stop and I have never taken a  video with it in years. Using a Sigma 18-250 lense.

Any help is appreciated 

Rob

6 REPLIES 6

stevet1
Authority
Authority

Turner,

One thing you can try:

See if you have Continuous AF enabled. If you do, then Disable it.

Turn on your Live View and go into your Menu. I think it will be in your red shooting menu around the 4th or 5th tab.

Steve Thomas

Thank you Steve1. It was set to on, but turning it off didn't seem to help. But once you got me into Live View, I saw ServoAF in bottom left corner. After remembering it was a touchscreen, I turned it off and I believe that worked. Thank you and I appreciate the assist. Rob

Rob,

Well, I'm glad that turning off Movie Servo worked for you.

I personally was glad that my camera automatically adjusted the focus as I panned around, but if turning it off works for you, then that's all that matters.

Steve Thomas

Maybe then, I should re-enable it, assuming it wasn't an underlying cause. And keep turning off servo ( seems to be on / enabled  everytime I turn camera on)

Rob,

I assume you are referring to Continuous AF when you talk about "re-enabling it". I've read a lot of people who complain that their camera's focus seems to randomly and haphazardly jump around when they have Continuous AF enabled. I myself experienced that and turned it off.

I could be wrong, but I think Canon has stopped offering that as an option in their newer models.

As far as Movie Servo goes, on my T8i camera, if you enable it in the menu, when you tap that little icon on the screen, you temporarily pause it, but it will resume if you press another button like the Menu button, or the right-hand arrow. I assume that once you enable it, your camera will default to that Movie Servo state one you turn it off and on.

Steve Thomas

Thank you !

Announcements