cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS RP will not connect to computer to use as webcam

sjfocer
Apprentice

I have an EOS RP that I'd like to use as a webcam on my 2022 Mac Studio with an M1 Max chip running Ventura 13.1 (most up-to-date macOS).

After a lot of error, I finally was able to download the correct version of EOS Webcam Utility. None of my USB-C cords were allowing me to connect the camera and computer. The camera would give me the laptop icon with a battery on top of it on the camera's display. I connected via the camera's network to make sure the camera was up to date on firmware. I downloaded OBS. I tried connecting via HDMI cables. I used several different USB-C cords. Nothing seems to grant me the ability to select the camera/EOS W.U. as my camera. It's not an option anywhere within OBS, StreamYard, Zoom, etc.

I'm not sure if there's something I'm doing incorrectly or if my computer is just incompatible because of its specs. Any help is appreciated! Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello sjfocer,

Please make sure that the camera is set to Movie mode in order to use the webcam feature. It sounds like your camera is set to import images.

Announcements