cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R7 Getting Display to Stay On Continuously

jmperry70D
Apprentice

How can I get my display to stay on continuously while shooting? I have to keep hitting the button to turn on the display so I can see what I am shooting. If I hit a button to focus the subject the display goes back to showing the settings screen. I have to hit the button again to show live shot on the display. I want the display to stay on all the time even when focusing.  Is there a setting for that? If there is I can't find it or figure it out. I have googled the problem but could not find a solution.

Thank You.

2 REPLIES 2

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello jmperry70D,

There is a setting to enable either the viewfinder or the LCD to always stay ON. I believe this may be what you're referring to. This setting is found in the yellow wrench menu #4, under Screen/viewfinder display. If that doesn't meet your needs, you may want to call our technical support line for more assistance as they can grab the camera and go through what you're experiencing with you in real time. If you would like to speak with a Canon representative, please contact our Technical Support Team at 1-800-652-2666, Monday through Friday between 9:00 am to 9:00 pm ET and Saturday between 9:00 am to 7:00 pm ET

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Keeping it on continuously is a great way to drain your battery, mind you.  It might be worth simply extending the operating time a bit longer.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements