cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 says keep the lens cap on but lens setup won't allow it

Davoud
Enthusiast

Keep the lens cap on after you turn the camera off

That's what it says when I turn off my R5. Problem is, the two lenses I am most likely to use with the camera are the 100mm macro and the 180mm macro. Both have the Canon Ring Lite flange attached, and there is no lens cap that fits the flange. I am loath to remove the flanges due to the possibbility of misplacing them. Advice? Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12

kittyn
Apprentice

Until today, when I shut off the camera, I would receive a caution to leave the lens cap on. The warning vanished today, but the notice about sensor cleaning persisted. When I need to shield the lens, I put on the lens cap; otherwise, I use a lens hood, keep the lens pointed down, and keep it away from light.

Perhaps the camera got tired of telling me to do something I wasn't going to. They have a high level of intelligence.
I think the video shoot from canon's camera have to edited with up to date features like Capcut.

UCPhotography
Apprentice

I wouldn't even worry about that message. It's just to remind you to put it on if you forgot. For me I'm always almost holding my camera turning it off when there's not much going on to save battery. But it's best to keep it on as much as you can to avoid harmful light damaging the sensor

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Of course I was never into mirrorless but back when I was actively shooting full time a lot of the other pros never put caps back on cameras or lenses for that matter. Just stuck'em back in the bag or case as it. 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
click here to view the gallery
Announcements